Tuesday, September 2, 2008

“Wall – E” WOW! and “Jimmy” the junk

You must be wondering that how can I compare these two flicks. One is a Hollywood animation movie and other is Hindi movie. So what is the comparison?
Actually nothing. These are the 2 movie I happened to see in last 2 days and both of them are so extraordinary (in their own sense) that I’ve to write something about them.

In last 2-3 weeks lots of movie were released Singh is King, Bachna Ae Haseeno, CKKompany, Chamku, Mumbai Meri Jaan etc. But except Mumbai Meri Jaan, no other movie excited us enough to go to the multiplex and spend 500 – 600 bucks. So we decided to gave them a miss. Then last week I saw an ad of Wall – E and came to know that it is releasing in India on 29th Aug. We both (Me and my wife Megha) are avid fans of animation movies. Some of my personal favorites are Shrek (all 3), Ratatouille, Ice Age and Tom & Jerry series. My team also happened to work on one of the web campaign for Wall – E so I was pretty eager to watch it.

After watching the movie I can certainly say that it is the best animation movie I’ve seen till date. I am wordless. Yes!!! Pixar does it again. After Cars, Toy Story, Finding Nemo they have once again given this masterpiece called “Wall - E”. They make you believe that even a Rabot has feelings and he can express his feelings also. The even make a cockroach adorable J. The animation, characters, story everything is just wonderful and out of this world. The two lead robots Wall – E and Eva just take names of each other still you can feel the chemistry of them. I don’t have enough words and I am not a reviewer or critic, but as a movie buff I Simply loved the movie and want to see it again and again.

Now let’s talk about Jimmy. Now for those of you who have not heard about this movie, it is the launching pad of Mithun Da’s son Mimoh. I queued the movie in our big flick account out of curiosity (I think Mithun is a great actor, watch GURU, Agnipath to confirm, and wanted to see how his son fares). But the movie is simply a disaster and the same is this guy. The drama scene looks comic and supposed to be comic scenes simply falls flat. All the pathetic actors are gathered and tried to make this crap. I could not dare to see it more than 30 min. I will not say much but you can still try at you own Risk ;)

Thanks
Ritesh

No comments: